Here are answers to a few of the questions we get asked most frequently…
1. Are all of the letters from Baltimore? Nope! As proud Charm City residents, we do have a lot from the land of pleasant living, but we also have letters from Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Annapolis, MD, Bethany Beach, DE, and Nantucket, MA, with more cities to come soon.
2. Can I customize a photo project? Of course! We have a wide array of stock pieces, but you can also play with the letters yourself at www.36Letters.com/custom. We have about 350 different letters and numbers – and growing – that you can choose from.
3. What if I want to add some color? We do have a number of letters in a variety of colors. Unfortunately, not all letters can be colorized. So, the letters shows in color are the only ones which can be colorized.
4. I’m not feeling very creative… do you have any ideas? Absolutely. Check our the “On the wall” album gallery on our Facebook page to see how others have used their photo projects. And if that doesn’t get you up-stuck, email [email protected] and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
5. How much do these things cost? Custom photo projects vary in price, depending on the number of “letters” and the number of “levels.” Typical projects range between $70-$110. Go to www.36Letters.com/custom, select your preferred layout, and input your desired word or phrase, and your project’s price will display on screen.
6. When will I receive my order? Typically, orders are delivered within two weeks. Rush deliveries may be available. Please email [email protected] to determine availability and cost.
7. What if my order is broken on delivery? It won’t be. But, if by the smallest of small chances it is, email [email protected] and we will fix it or get a replacement to you immediately.
8. What is your refund policy? Since each piece is built on a custom basis, we cannot offer refunds. However, we want you to be delighted with your purchase and will do everything in our power to ensure this. So, if you have any questions at all about your order, please email [email protected].
9. Do you have a retail store? Not currently, though this may change down the road. We have this online store, an Etsy store and make appearances at events in Maryland and beyond. Here is a link to our event schedule.
10. I live in Baltimore… Can I pick up my piece from you to avoid shipping charges? Sure. Email [email protected] to arrange a mutually convenient pick-up time and location.
11. Do you offer wholesale pricing for retail stores that want to carry your line? Absolutely. Please contact Nathaniel Badder by email or phone at (410) 276-1090 for further information.
12. What makes your work different from other photo letter artists I’ve seen out there? Great question! There are a few things that separate our work from that of other artists. First and foremost, no letters or numbers were harmed in the making of these pieces— that is, we don’t use any real letters or numbers, just photos of objects that look like letters and numbers. Second, with very few exceptions, the characters are photographed as we find them; they are not staged, moved, distorted, or re-colored. Third, each picture is framed individually and mounted to a secure backing rather than placed inside of one large frame. This makes them stand off the wall by about ¾” which gives it some presence and a cool, urban look. Fourth, we incorporate pops of color by highlighting single elements, rather than colorizing the whole slide, which makes the letters really pop off the page. And, finally, most of the images are taken locally and whenever possible, feature regional icons and imagery, so the pieces have an authentic flavor to them.
13. Can I pay online with a credit card, or do I have to use PayPal? Yes, you can absolutely use a credit card to place your order online. It can be a little tricky, so follow the steps below to ensure a smooth checkout process.
– On the Cart page, click the purple “Proceed to Checkout” button.
– Fill in the Billing Details, and click the purple “Place Order” button.
– Click the blue “Pay with debit or credit card, or PayPal credit” link on the bottom of the right-hand side of the page.
– Click on the “Debit or Credit Card” tab and fill in credit card information.
– Click the yellow “Pay” button.
14. Is international shipping available? Yes. However, the shipping fees quoted online are only applicable to the contiguous 48 states. Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, and international destinations is available but at additional- and often considerable – expense to the purchaser (this includes all pertinent duties, taxes, and customs-related fees). Upon placing your order, you will be contacted with updated shipping information. Or, you can email us in advance to get an estimated shipping cost.